Saturday, October 23, 2010

week 6

The week that wasn't. Turns out working 6AM to 6:30 or 7PM and then taking care of kids until 8:00 isn't that conducive to running. Having to do literature searches for 2-3 hours after that doesn't leave a lot of time for board prep either. Hopefully next week settles down, but I may have to accept only getting to work out on my one day off a week for this entire month. In other news everyone in my family has the same cold.

I did get in a 5 mile run in 39:28 last week, so I was pretty much on target until this week. I'm thinking by the time the Capitol 10k rolls around I can shoot for 47 minutes instead of 50. That would put me safely in the top 20% for my age group most years, though far off the top pace of 5:30/mile. That's fucking fast.

3 comments:

Snake Diggity said...

My laziness being a foregone conclusion, I'm shooting to break 50 minutes. Any thing faster than that is gravy. It's naive for me to think I'll train any harder than I am right now.

roy said...

wow...looks like i missed out on the comeback. nothing like a year's worth of blogs to peruse on a lazy friday afternoon.

soooo, about this 10k. is this a brotherly bonding thing or can i get in on it? i guess it's a public race, so i can do whatever the f' i want...but i'd rather officially be a part of something bigger. bigger than the austin american statesman capitol 10k you say? sure, why not. i haven't done the soul-searching necessary to officially commit to this, but i'm definitely interested.

where are you emotionally coming into this UT v Baylor game? on one hand....but on the other hand...

Rimas Kurtinaitis said...

hey, Roy. Would love to see you blow me out in a race again. It's been about 20 years since the last one. I've definitely gotten more emotionally invested in UT football in the past 10 years, but I like to see Baylor doing well. The problem with supporting Baylor was that going to games sucked. You got zero emotional feedback or release like you do at Texas games. So I'll be happy if Baylor wins but I'd be happier to see Texas win out. Unless a loss to Baylor gets Greg Davis fired.