Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There's something symbolic


Another one that only Snake had the honor of witnessing. I think I was a freshman at Baylor when this one happened. Snake was outside playing basketball and my dad was in the garage working on something. I'm not sure what he was doing but I know it involved a hammer because Snake saw him hit his thumb and jerk it up, squeezing it with his other hand like a cartoon character. The only thing missing was the giant, red, pulsating thumb. It sounds like it looked pretty funny. Snake thought so, too, and laughed.
Dad did not appreciate the humor of the situation. His response to Snake was the scowling, "You think that's funny? Why don't you come over here and let me hit you with a hammer. See how you like it."

4 comments:

Snake Diggity said...

LMAO!

Actually, I was on the back patio for some reason and Dad was hammering something on the gazebo. He hit his thumb and of course immediately let loose a string of cusswords that would make George Carlin cringe. Predictably, I busted out laughing. Until then, he hadn't noticed I was even there. But when he looked up and saw me being entertained by his misery, he was NOT pleased. For a mmoment, I actually thought he was going to make me come over there and let him hit my thumb with a hammer.

Ojo Rojo said...

Yeah, Dad don't go for schadenfreude when he's on the other end.

Rimas Kurtinaitis said...

Yeah, Dad don't go for schadenfreude when he's on the other end.
--------------------
To be fair, I don't either.

Ojo Rojo said...

Now that I think about it, who does?